Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Another great way to test for remote control without presence of the appliance

A friend of mine and an electronics repairer from Fiji islands sends me this report on how to test a remote control.



While I was playing with one remote control of my DVD player, I was thinking the sensor is just a LED, but why it cannot light when we press the buttons.

I brought it close to my eyes and was trying to view the lightening of that LED.

Hopefully in some remotes we can see a little blink if LED, but as far as I have seen in remotes which are produced nowadays are hard to view the light of the LED with our naked eyes.

Interpretation:
May be the signal light is so tiny that we cannot see it with our naked eyes.

I thought to use my mobile phone camera to magnify the signal light and see if it is visible.

I was so happy, actually to see the LED lightening while watching it though the camera.

Here are the pictures I took:







It can be perorated that ,if a remote is not working it will not have its LED lightened when you press the buttons.TRY THIS OUT WITH A GOOD REMOTE AT HOME

So all my repairer friends there is a very good tester for remotes, which is always in your pockets (Our mobile phones with cameras).

After reading this article I decided to do the same test using my tablet and the result were the same (positive) as you can see the pictures below



This article is prepared by Atish Chand, a repairer from Fiji Islands



1 comment: